October 28, 2020
Celebrating the world’s best architecture
The AMP Jurors have made their decisions and the Architecture MasterPrize is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 edition of this prestigious award, in both professional and student categories.
The 2020 edition of the MasterPrize was again highly anticipated, with the largest number of entries since the award began. The standard of the projects was truly exceptional. Winners were selected from over 1,500 entries, with breathtaking designs presented from all around the world.
“The quality and content of projects entered into this fifth edition of the Architecture MasterPrize was spectacular! This award continues to showcase the best of Architecture from all around the globe. It is an honor to present and reward this fantastic collection of innovative, creative and inspiring architectural projects.”
AMP President, Hossein Farmani
Two programs were open this year, celebrating the greatest architectural designs and products of the year:
- Design of the Year Award
- Architectural Product Award
Four projects were chosen as top winners in each discipline and received the titles “Design of the Year” / ”New Discovery of the Year” in Architecture, Interior Design and Landscape Design, and “Architectural Product of the Year”, by the jury panel of renowned architects, academics and industry experts based on the criteria of design excellence and creativity.
For the first time this year, the jury also awarded the “Best Of Best” distinction to projects which were shortlisted for the Design of the Year title: 70 projects received this special mention.
The AMP 2020 Winners
Professional Top Winners:
- Architectural Design Of The Year: He Art Museum by Tadao Ando Architect & Associates
- Interior Design Of The Year: Nocenco Cafe by Vo Trong Nghia Co
- Landscape Design of The Year: Thammasat Urban Farm Rooftop by Landprocess
- Architectural Product of the Year: Thinline 2500 Sliding Door by Styline
Best of Best Winners Include:
- 18 Robinson by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Sculptural House by KON design
- South Haven Centre For Remembrance by SHAPE Architecture
- Museum Of Contemporary Art Helga De Alvear by Emilio Tuñón Arquitectos
- No Footprint House (NFH) by A-01
- White Deer Plain. Mountain Land Home Stay by Huiyimingcheng
- Puntukurnu Ams Newman Clinic by Kaunitz Yeung Architecture
- San Sa Village by IILab
- Casa Mi by Daluz Gonzalez Architekten
- Kohanceram by Hooba Design Group
- Laboratory For Shihlien Biotech Salt Plant by WZWX Architecture Group
- Yingliang Stone Natural History Museum by Atelier Alter Architects
… and more.
Winners will enjoy extensive publicity, showcasing their designs to a worldwide audience throughout the next year, and their designs will be featured in the AMP Book of Architecture, distributed globally. All Winners will receive the AMP Winner Certificate and Winner Seal, and are now featured on the Winners Gallery on the AMP website. Link to the Winners Gallery
Download the AMP 2020 PR package including high-resolution images, video content and information about the winners here.
About Architecture MasterPrize™(AMP)
The mission of the AMP is to advance the appreciation of quality architectural design worldwide. Celebrating creativity and innovation in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, and interior design, the prize is open to submissions on a global level, accepting entries from architects all around the world.
Winners are selected by the esteemed jury of architects and leaders in the architecture world, and will receive the AMP trophy, extensive publicity showcasing their designs to a worldwide audience, and more.
The Architecture MasterPrize™ was assembled by the Farmani Group as the sister initiative of the IDA International Design Awards, which has been recognizing and celebrating smart and sustainable multidisciplinary design since 2007.
About Farmani Group
The Farmani Group, established in 1985, is the organizer of International Design Awards (IDA), International Photography Awards, Prix de la Photographie in Paris, London International Creative Competition, and the Annual Lucie Awards for Photography, which has emerged as the world’s most prestigious photography awards.
The company’s key mission is to discover and promote talent in these areas through competitions, awards, exhibitions, developing artist communities, providing networking opportunities and education.